It is our desire that PHMS students explore their athletic interests and strengthen their abilities in interscholastic athletics. The goal of the PHMS athletic program is to provide as many participants as possible with the experience of belonging to a competitive sports team and, through participation, develop their athletic skill, leadership ability, and the development of high moral character.
1. Representing PHMS in athletics is a choice, not a right, and with that choice comes the responsibility of the student to give his/her all to achieve
and excel academically, as well as, athletically.
2. PHMS athletes will devote personal time to serving our community. Through service to others PHMS athletes will learn what it means when, “We stand tallest when we stoop to help others.”
3. Through participation in the PHMS Athletic Program the student will learn the positive impact of hard work, the importance of attending to detail, to compete with sportsmanship, and the ability to persevere through adversity.
FALL SPORTS UPDATES
Any student, who will be enrolled at Paul Hadley Middle School for the 2020-21 school year, may participate in a fall sport. Three fall sports, cross country, girls golf and boys tennis, are open to students who will be in 6th grade for the 2020-21 school year. Any student interested in playing a fall sport at Paul Hadley should contact their sport’s coach through the email addresses provided. PHMS Coaches will start building fall rosters for tryouts, workouts, etc., and inform students regarding upcoming dates of importance.
Athletic Director Steve Hilligoss, Office: 317-831-9208 x3114, Cell: 317-727-6416 email@example.com
Cheerleading Coach: Melissa Mohler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country (6-8) Coach: Brian Underwood, email@example.com
Jeremy Manning, firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Football Coach: Tim Denny, email@example.com
8th Grade Football Coach: Daniel Moriarity, firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Golf: (6-8) Coach: Miyah Chambers, email@example.com
Boys Soccer: Coach: Dwayne Pruitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Soccer: Coach: Alley Guffey, email@example.com
Boys Tennis (6-8): Coach: Matt McGowen, Cell: 317-294-1750 firstname.lastname@example.org
7/8 Grade Volleyball Coach: Elizabeth Orr, Cell: 803-735-6841 email@example.com
ATHLETIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued stress on the medical community, the IHSAA has ruled effective for School Year 2020-2021 - If your student had a valid physical and consent form on file during the 2019-2020 school year, then he/she will not need a new physical for the upcoming 2020-21 school year.
- Any athlete not having a valid IHSAA pre-participation examination physical form on file from the 2019-2020 scholastic year is required to have a valid Pre-Participation Physical and Consent Form completed prior to eligibility and competition.
- Must have completed physical on file to be eligible to go to callouts/tryout/practice. 2020-2021 Physical Form
- Must complete Mandatory FINAL FORMS Online Signatures
PAUL HADLEY ATHLETICS PARENT BOOSTERS
Paul Hadley families support the athletics department by becoming an Athletic Parent Booster. Patrons’ donations enable the athletic department to hire officials, buy uniforms, pay workers for events, and purchase general equipment and merchandise for Pioneer athletic teams. Tax revenues cannot be used for such things as uniforms, equipment, game officials, and many other needs of the athletic department. Therefore, Athletic Parent Boosters’ support and athletic fundraising activities are necessary as gate receipts fall far short of financing the needs of a large athletic program such as the one at Paul Hadley. Please contact the athletic office. Your consideration is greatly appreciated.
For a donation of $25 or more, you will be recognized in our sports program as one of our “Parent Boosters.” For your convenience, you may use this form to complete your donation. Thank you for supporting your child’s athletic program!!