- Current 7th graders will choose their elective for 8th grade next year in April. They can choose from the list below:
- Intermediate Band
- Intermediate Choir or Fusion
- Intermediate Strings (Orchestra)
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW)
- One more year until high school! How can you help your student be a success? Check out Learn More Indiana for helpful tips. Learn More hosts COLLEGE GO WEEK every September.
- Do you have your Skyward Login ID and password? It is a terrific tool to check the progress of your student on a regular basis and e-mail his/her teachers with specific questions. Contact Mrs. McCreary.
- Organization is key for your student's success in middle school. Most teachers require a pocket folder to help with keeping track of homework and notes. Sitting down with your student each night and reviewing daily assignments and upcoming tests and projects can assist him/her with getting and staying organized throughout the school year.
- Need help with Science and Math? Call the Rose Hulman Homework Hotline at 1-877-ASK-ROSE (275-7673).
- Great new resource for a Step-by-Step Guide to College Planning! Visit bigfuture.org today!
- Check out the most recent admissions statistics from Indiana colleges and universities. Find out cost, average GPA, SAT scores, etc.
- What middle school courses are offered for high school credit?
- PE (2 credits)
- Health (1 credit)
- Algebra (2 credits)
- Biology (2 credits)
- Preparation for College and Careers (1 credit)
IMPORTANT COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 21st Century Scholars Sign-Up is here!
Indiana's 7th and 8th grade students can apply for the 21st Century Scholars Program if their families meet the eligibility guidelines below:
To apply for the 21st Century Scholars Program you must:
- Be a resident of Indiana, both when you apply and when you receive the scholarship (determined by the residency of your parent or legal guardian).
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. Read the citizenship qualifications for details.
- Be enrolled in the 7th or 8th grade at a public school, charter school, freeway school or other Indiana school accredited by the Indiana Department of Education. Children in Foster Care may apply after the 8th grade. Homeschooled students are not eligible for the 21st Century Scholars Program.
- Fulfill the 21st Century Scholars Pledge.
- Be one of the following:
- A member of a family at or below the 2015-16 income maximums. (See website.)
- Placed in foster care.
Families must apply online before June 30th of 8th grade year at: http://www.in.gov/21stcenturyscholars/2461.htm
Please let us know if you need any assistance in applying.