FALL SEMESTER 2017
-Mooresville Youth Softball Association
-Teen Court Volunteers Needed
-Ivy Tech Career Training Information Session
-Mooresville Swim Team January Swim School
-Little Leaders Elementary Cheer Camp
-VFW Patriotic Art Contest Gr. 9-12
-Free Christmas Eve Family Dinner & Games
-Mooresville Parks Winter Break Camp
-Victorian Christmas & Gingerbread House Contest
-Elementary Strength & Agility Camp
-Waverly Sewer Project Public Meeting
-Morgan County Humane Society Kids T-Shirt Design Contest
- Daisy Scouts Tea Party
- Morgan County 4-H Open House
- Mooresville Junior Boys Basketball
- Mooresville Junior Basketball Cheer
- Mooresville Wrestling Club
- Mooresville Diving Club
- Relay for Life Small Fry Tri
- Upward Basketball
- Fall Break Camp
- Got Access Library Card Signup
- VFW Voice of Democracy Essay Contest
- VFW Patriot's Pen Essay Contest Gr. 6-8
- Flagtown 5K Charity Run
- Christ Youth Bible Club
- Mooresville Junior Ladies Basketball
- MAST Fall Swimming
- Boy Scouts flier front, Boy Scouts flier back
- Girl Scouts
Fliers will be accepted by the Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation for distribution to elementary students for organizations which meet the following criteria:
- The organization must be non-profit from within the school district area (Brown, Madison & Harrison townships in Morgan County) with an event or service of benefit to students.
- The event or service itself must be within MCSC attendance boundaries, and should pertain to or involve students.
- Flier information should be submitted via email or by dropping off at the Mooresville Schools Education Center no less than one week prior to distribution, attention: Susan Haynes, email@example.com .
- Fliers copies must be made, counted, and labeled for the classroom mailboxes by the organization. Elementary classroom counts will be sent to organizations after flyers are received and approved. Our experience is that fliers given out at the middle and high school levels are not taken home and create a littering issue in the school. Organizations which meet the above criteria that wish to share material at the middle and high school level are encouraged to talk with the school administration about setting up an information table during the lunch period or placing a small stack at the school office.
- Any organization that does not meet the above criteria or has a clear political, philosophical, or religious agenda will be declined.
- Copies of fliers which are dropped off at schools without prior review or without prior counting/sorting will not be distributed.
- Distribution of paper fliers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the superintendent or the superintendent's designee. Fliers/organizations which are not approved will be notified.
Those organizations which do not have approved fliers above may take a small amount of copies to the school offices for families to pick up if they so choose. The school district will not send emails to parents with information regarding non-school events/organizations. We strongly encourage non-profit and for-profit groups to utilize local media, websites, and social media to promote their groups and events.
Policy and Procedures adopted 1/1/14
Advertising Opportunities for Businesses
For-profit entites are welcome to pursue advertising opportunities through the Mooresville Schools website, The Pioneer Blast e-newsletter, the MHS Pulse newsletter, or the MHS Athletic Department. Package options are available for businesses which advertise through multiple means. For additional information, contact Susan Haynes (website and district newsletter), Mike Mossbrucker (MHS Athletics) or Ada Clark (MHS publications).