SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
DATA MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR - TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
The Coordinator’s role is to assist and train staff in the use of the district student information system and to create specialized reports for district data submission and data analysis for state DOE reporting. This person will also train new district staff on proper use of the district SIS application.
Strategy and Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to streamline future procedures and processes.
- Develop training programs to assist new district staff and further enhance present clerical and data gathering staff
- Manage multiple data integration projects involved with the use of the Student Information Management System (Skyward)
- Lead project implementation (deployment, support, and training) related to student and personnel data such as data warehousing software, testing software, educational
software, and operational software (transportation, food service, finance, human
resources, media services, etc.) requiring personnel and/or student data integration
- Oversee the process and staff responsible for required state reports as well as data analysis needs.
- Monitor data gathering techniques to improve process regarding state reports.
- Coordinate efforts and determine functional requirements related to the implementation and use of SIS software to include school set up, demographics, attendance, centralized course file, graduation requirements/related high school modules, discipline, master scheduling, medical, report functionality, special education, and year end transition as well as daily use.
- Adhere to district and department attendance policies.
- Field incoming help requests from end users in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate district personnel.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final
- Perform remote assistance to end users as required and appropriate.
- Monitor and adjust access rights to appropriate SIS areas for end users.
- Assist with preventative SIS application maintenance.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Assist staff with submitting STN data files to DOE reporting locations and other reports as needed.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Cross-training with other Technology team members as applicable.
- Other duties as determined by supervisor.
Formal Education & Certification
- 3 years work experience with Skyward Student Information System.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of Skyward SIS applications.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7.
- Application support experience; preferred MS Office.
- Working knowledge of a range of data reporting applications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Properly use and maintain district/department provided resources.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE AT: MOORESVILLESCHOOLS.ORG AND EMAIL RESUME TO: STEVE JACOBI, TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR, AT: STEPHEN.JACOBI@MOORESVILLESCHOOLS.ORG
SUBSTITUTE CAFETERIA WORKERS - VARIOUS BUILDINGS
To apply for these positions, please complete an application. All resumes and applications are kept on file for one year.